[Kde-pim] Building trunk kdepim & runtime, can't find NepomukCore

Del delonly at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:44:42 BST 2012

On Saturday, July 07, 2012 07:51:38 PM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:46:34 PM you wrote:
> > Suggestions? neither of the above files exists in my source tree
>
> I assumed nepomukcore would be built as part of dke but perhaps that is not
> the case? I installed nepomuk-core-dev (kubutnu 12.0 packages) and the build
> seems ok now. Was that the correct thing to do?

I haven't looked through relevant part of the kdesrc-build script, so I am not
sure what it is supposed to do with nepomuk. I have finally gotten around to
build the latest and greatest KDE sources to test out the exchange support in
akonadi (among other things). However, I am behind a pesky corporate firewall
with RHEL6 and no root-priviliges, so unfortunately do not even have the
luxury of running the git-commands in the build scripts. Hence, I have had to
track down each dependency manually downloading tar-balls. Nepomuk in
particular is tricky since it pulls in a number of external depencencies, so a
lot of things can (and in my case does) go wrong there.

My advice is that you count yourself lucky having an up-to-date nepomuk-core-
dev package available as it probably pulls in all the dependencies you need. I
will try to sort out my remaining dependencies the coming week (whish me good
luck ;-p ).

Cheers,
Del