[Kde-pim] nepomukqueryservice crash

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Jul 8 10:09:31 BST 2012

On Friday 06 July 2012 14:44:30 David Faure wrote:
> Obviously the "delete localSocketModel" in nepomukmainmodel.cpp:82 is the
> problem, I assume because it's used in another thread at the same time.

OK after another look at the code, it's clearly because
nepomukmainmodel.cpp:82 can delete the model that is currently in use by other
threads.
I haven't found how to reliably trigger it though (the code says it should
happen when the local socket gets disconnected, but killing either virtuoso or
nepomukserver doesn't trigger it -- maybe due to my earlier fix in soprano...)

> The -1 file descriptor is weird too, does anyone know the reason for that?

This is the same issue, actually. Closing the connection sets the fd to -1
which makes other threads attempt to read from fd -1. Majorly thread unsafe...

I can't come up with a better solution with the one in the attached patch.
Please comment (and CC me), I'll wait for a +2 before committing.