[Kde-pim] KDE 4.8, Virtuoso at 130% CPU for hours now - how can I help find the issue?

Marc Deop damnshock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:59:45 GMT 2012

On 06:16:15 PM Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> That means the idle detection kicked in and stopped indexing.

If it stopped indexing... why is virtuoso eating so much cpu?

> That's what the idle detection is for. If you constantly move the mouse for
> i.e. one minute, you should be able to ensure that the indexing is off for long
> enough and see if the cpu load goes down. If it doesn't it's probably not the
> indexer which causes the problem. => find the query with isql
> (http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/debugging-nepomukvirtuosos-cpu-
> usage/).

There seems to be no query busy. Strange.

Anyway, I have both File indexing and Email Indexer disabled in Systemsettings/Desktop Search....

> If it is the indexing, all I can suggest is making sure that the initial
> indexing passes. After that you should be fine. For me the idle detection works
> well, but then my machine is also fairly fast (core 2 duo p8700).

if it's the indexing... WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM: this is in a i7 2600 cpu! and my computer's been on for more than 12h (I left the computer on just to check).

Regards