[Kde-pim] Contact aggregation

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 11:00:57 GMT 2012

My concerns with Pimo:Person (or equivalents) in KDE Telepathy is that
no-one else is using it or appears to be moving towards it.

We're only going this route to help feed our data to other
applications, we don't exactly need it ourselves, we could do contact
aggregation with a simple text file if we're the only people using it.

People keep saying "it only works if everyone uses it", normally as an
argument for pushing this nepomuk side, but it also works the other
way. I don't want to be left out in the cold on our own maintaining an
over complicated library which isn't benefiting anyone.

Realistically either we (or rather Martin :-P) need to commit to
switching to using Pimo:Person everywhere, i.e a brand new
KAddressbook, updated KMail etc. rather than using Akonadi directly or
this entire thing is just a completely pointless exercise.

David Edmundson