[Kde-pim] A sigh

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jan 28 21:39:39 GMT 2012

On Saturday, 2012-01-28, Anders Lund wrote:
> Lørdag den 28. januar 2012 22:05:14 Anders Lund skrev:
> > With all the bad problems I have using KMail2, I thought I would look in
> > ~/Mail where my maildir resource points to, and it is completely empty.
> > So I  started looking for my mail, and it is in
> > ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data.
> >
> > WTF!!!!???
>
> In fact, not even all my mail is there, ls|wc-l that directory says just
> 1319, but i have > 10000 mails.

That location is the file based cache. Depending on cache timeouts and policies
it will only contain a subset of the data accessible through Akonadi, i.e.
like the cache directory of Squid only being part of the world wide http
accessible content.

You write in your first mail that you have a maildir resource pointing to
~/Mail
Did this directory contain a mail dir structure at this point or was it
otherwise empty?

Is it empty right now or does it contain subdirectories? (check also for
"hidden" ones, i.e. starting with a dot).

How does your folder structure below that resource's top level folder look
like in KMail?

Assuming standard maildir, did you check ~/.Mail.directory?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring