[Kde-pim] 4.8 release - Search

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Jan 26 08:00:56 GMT 2012

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> looking good - getting reliable and fast results for searches on Subject,
> addresses and message body. Congratulations guys, I realise it was a
> scrabble to get it into 4.8
>
> Is message status meant to be working? because a search on "Message Status
> = unread" still returns every message, regardless of its status

Might be that the read/unread status is stored just as a standard mail flag
and not as a nepomuk tag, which might explain the behavior. Might be the
same for replied, forwarded, important, etc. It is just a guess though, as I
remember I did not use nepomuk when this feature was ported to akonadi. But
that was ~2 years ago, that's why it is only a guess.

Andras