[Kde-pim] [Nepomuk] KMail/Akonadi searching

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 20 00:21:35 GMT 2012

I commited/backported the changes for basic working search.

This means we need a new akonadi release for this to be working in 4.8.

There are still plenty of problems to solve though:
- The Search/Last Search folder is mostly shown as parent collection
- It's not possible to stop queries (which can be annoying when a large query
was issued)
- There is no visual feedback that a query is running.
- The model which displays the results seems very slow
- When searching for sender/recipient only the email address matches and not
the name (which is a little unexpected from a user pov).
- I still have duplicates in the shown result set (although not in the query
result set)

Most of these issues are in the kmail code as far as I can see, so that might
need a brush over. Maybe something for the upcoming pim sprint.

Cheers,
Christian