[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

Del delonly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:40:01 GMT 2012

Hello Denny,

On Friday, February 24, 2012 09:19:12 AM Denny wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012, 22:11:25 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> > How about KDEPIM 4.4.5? You should be able to use your existing data
> > with
> > it.
>
> How do I back-migrate my data from akonadi / nepomuk to the old data
> structure?

Actually, I believe the data is in the same folders, so you can try this one
(or modify it slightly, and update the page):
http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Transfer_mail_and_settings_to_another_computer_.28or_another_user_account_on_the_same_machine.29
Remember back-up before you start!

In my case I have everything on servers, so Kontact is only a client. Then it
is as easy as setting up the accounts again (I don't have tons of mail to
collect).

> I wouldn't mind paying or donating if that would give me a working email
> client. It wouldn't be the first time I donate for a free software project,
> just to cover that before I am accused again on not helping / donating  and
> just demanding.

I believe Intevation offer support contracts for Kontact Enterprise 5, you can
consider that. The "Join the game" initiative is a nice way to contribute,
they sent me a super cool member card ;-) http://jointhegame.kde.org/
I believe Kdab can also do contract work on kde-pim if you have particular
bugs plaguing you. Supporting Nepomuk has been very successful, practically
all show-stopper bugs have been sorted out there.

Cheers,
Del