[Kde-pim] smart folder / search on unread emails

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Feb 28 10:58:17 GMT 2012

Hey there,

I just wanted to try the potentially awesome new search features to finally
get a smart folder that shows all my unread emails... Well it "works" but the
behavior is really bad:

- you select some unread email in the smart folder to read it
- it gets marked as read
- the search gets updated
- since the mail is not unread anymore, it gets removed from the smart folder
- kmail selects the next email
- repeat from above

hence, selecting such a folder is like "mark all new email as read" which is
of course not what I want :]

But how could this be fixed? Any ideas? I'd be willing to invest some time on
this, but quite frankly wonder how this should be done. Andras told me there
is a similar bug when you apply a folder-filter on unread emails.

My use-case could be "solved" by different ways, e.g.:

- never mark emails as read in search folders that search for unread emails
- only update the search folder after the mail is de-selected
- ...?

please share your ideas
--
Milian Wolff