[Kde-pim] From a users point of view ....

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Tue Feb 28 23:04:37 GMT 2012

Anders Lund wrote:
> Tirsdag den 28. februar 2012 21:15:52 Andreas Gungl skrev:
>> Nevertheless, the 4.8 release is IMO nearly on the same level as 4.4 once
>> the  indexing problems have been solved. And I know what I'm talking about
>> as I'm running 4.8 (on 12.1) in the office while I still use 11.4 at home.
>
> * address completion in composer is missing
> * filtering is broken, and filter import is broken
> * It is not possible to move many messages from folder to folder (using
> pop3/maildir)
> * between mysqld, akonadi_agent_launcher (whatever that is) and kmail,
> receiving 10 messages takes>  10 seconds with>  50% cpu used by those 3
> processes
> * kmail often freezes and have to be killed for no obvious reason (during
> * the akonadi conflict resolving dialog from hell stays hidden, shows in other
> desktops than kmail, hidden behind other windows and generally should not
> exist, since it NEVER shows for any valid reason.
> * kmail (or akonadi) deletes mail headers in some cases (messages go to
> "unknown" section and have no subject, date, from, to etc)
> * kmail (or akonadi) hides mail headers from itself - I have messages sitting
> in "unknown" but with headers intact.

I agree with almost every point to make here. I've see the first two the
most. Also see the unknown message warning and kmail hanging, mail in
contact, when down loading mail. If I manually  start kmail it does not
hang or give me unknown type messges, but the konsole reports all kind
of Soprano errors.

I am about to get 12.2 mail working and see if these items still occur.
It on separate test disc on same hardware.