[Kde-pim] Contacts, Groups, Akonadi and Nepomuk

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Feb 18 14:55:19 GMT 2012

Hi,

sorry for not replying earlier, I have just returned from a business trip.

On Sunday, 2012-02-12, Dan Vratil wrote:
> On Saturday 11 of February 2012 16:41:33 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Saturday, 2012-02-11, Dan Vratil wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I 'd like to bring full support for contact groups to the Google
> > > Contacts resource. The problem is, that a single contact on Google can
> > > be listed in multiple groups, but Akonadi does not seem to support
> > > storing single instance of Akonadi::Item in multiple collections
> > > without duplication.
> >
> > See Akonadi::LinkJob and/or KABC::ContactGroup
>
> Thanks, the Linkjob is exactly what I needed. I've run to some trouble
> using it though.
>
> I have the root collection properly synchronized (that works as expected)
> and then I have a subcollection. When retrieveItems() is called for this
> subcollection, I fetch all items from the main collection, check their
> groups membership and then I call LinkJob to link some of the items from
> main collection with the subcollection. This works for the first time - I
> can see the linked items in the subcollection (and they are properly
> linked in Akonadi database), but when I restart KAddressBook, the linked
> items will not appear in the subcollection, no matter what I do.

Weird, restarting a client like KAddressBook should not change data in
Akonadi.
Can you check if the shutdown or the restart of KAddressBook makes the linked
items vanish from the collection?

> Any idea what I could be missing?

No idea, sorry. Haven't used linking myself yet, just remembered that there
was a job for that purpose.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring