[Kde-pim] Review Request: Add indexing throttling and fixed endless indexing problems

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Feb 29 16:55:58 GMT 2012

On Mar 1, 2012 12:44 AM, "Will Stephenson" <wstephenson at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 Feb 2012 23:39:12 Will Stephenson wrote:
> > To vs Sender is an interesting case, as Sender: is (according to NMO)
used
> > when it is different to To:.  I see a lot of these errors with mail from
> > kde.org addresses that are only aliases to real mailboxes elsewhere.
>
> Correction: this appears to happen when someone sends using Google's SMTP
> server with their kde.org alias as the From address, but not for all SMTP
> servers used in this way (eg the SUSE SMTP I use).

This will be because the Google SMTP servers are SPF/DKIM compliant -
whilst the SUSE one is not. At the moment this has no real impact, as DKIM
signing will never be required for kde.org mail, and we have no plans to
implement SPF.

SPF is a very annoying tech, which breaks amongst other things alias
addresses such as the ones KDE use.

> Will

Regards,
Ben