[Kde-pim] kmail2 problems

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Feb 4 21:19:16 GMT 2012

Lørdag den 4. februar 2012 21:30:02 Kevin Krammer skrev:
> On Saturday, 2012-02-04, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Having run kmail now since more than a week. So far, all the mail I have
> > from that period is still in ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data.
> > Shouldn't it be moved to my configured directory (or rather, to secret,
> > hidden neighbour location) at some point?
>
> It should be there almost instantly after being written to the cache.
>
> > I do not understand why it is stored in the temporary location at all,
> > given the storage is local. Is there a meaningful reason for that?
>
> When an item, in this case an email, gets added to an Akonadi collection, it
> is written to the cache and the resource is notified about the addition.
> The resource then fetches the data from the cache and writes it to its
> backend.
>
> That last step depends on the resource currently being able to reach its
> backend, e.g. a server based resource would require a network connection for
> that.
> So a resource that is in such a state (resource is "offline") would keep
> track of the addition and replay them one it becomes operational again
> (resource is "online").
>
> > Is there a way I can trigger akonadi to clean up and move things to the
> > right place?
>
> You could check if the resource is offline for whatever reason.

It says "Ready". I tried updating, using the "syncronize" button in
akonadiconsole, as well as "update folder and all subfolders" from kmail GUI
(Ctrl + F5). Still, there are 867 mails in the shadow folder, so something is
not working.

> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> would show that, as would akonadiconsole's agent tab.
>
> One word of caution: try not to remove the resource, this would signal
> Akonadi that it can remove any cached items associated with that resource.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

A stay thought - could the problems with filters have to do with this? It seems
that messages hit by the spam filter are not recreated, so I at least have spam
filtering. But all other messages moved into some folder by a filter is
dublicated infinitely (in the kmail message list, i don't know about the files
themselves)

Anders