[Kde-pim] Contacts, Groups, Akonadi and Nepomuk

Dan Vratil dan at progdan.cz
Sat Feb 11 15:29:39 GMT 2012

Hello,

I 'd like to bring full support for contact groups to the Google Contacts
resource. The problem is, that a single contact on Google can be listed in
multiple groups, but Akonadi does not seem to support storing single instance
of Akonadi::Item in multiple collections without duplication. To mimic the
behavior of Google's groups, I decided to create a root collection which would
contain all contacts and then create subcollections with
PersistentSearchAttribute which would match contacts by Nepomuk tags. The tags
would be assigned by the resource when item is received.

If I get it right, I'd have to create a full Nepmuk::NCO::Contact and assign
it the tag, but that seems to me like stepping on toes of the Nepomuk Feeder
agent. Is this the only solution or is there any other way?

Or maybe, is there a way how to achieve similar results only with Akonadi?

Thanks

Dan

--
Dan Vratil
www.progdan.cz | dan at progdan.cz | Jabber: progdan at jabber.cz
Fingerprint: 76C9 2F08 5D0D 6F9E 5AD4 2BFD 3A85 0307 F506 5B61