[Kde-pim] Interface to MS Exchange Server

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Fri Dec 7 22:27:50 GMT 2012

Hi Thomas,

I have very little time these days, but having access to an Exchange
server would certainly remove one barrier to progress. So, while I
cannot promise anything, if I had an account, I would at least feel
bad if I didn't try :-). The specific approach I had in mind was:

- move to using Exchange Web services
- this should (a) make it possible to get efficient support for the
addressbook and (b) open the door to full read write access for mail,
calendar and addressbook
- this will continue to be supported going forward by Microsoft
- this would involve a significant rewrite of the MAPI based code that
is currently there
- this would be maintainable without all the dependencies on libmapi et. al.
- I am hoping that a lot of work that went into mapping properties
between Exchaange and KDEPIM would carry over

Thanks, Shaheed