[Kde-pim] kmail dispatcher agent is not remembering my SMTP password

salamandir salamandir at spamcop.net
Sat Dec 15 19:56:40 GMT 2012

using Kontact 4.8.5 and kubuntu 12.04.1

every day, after shutting down my computer and restarting it, i have to enter
my SMTP password before i send any mail. after the first time, it remembers,
but when i shut down the computer, it forgets:

1: configure kmail -> accounts -> sending -> choose account and click "Modify"
2: enter password and click "Store SMTP password" and click "OK"
3: click "New message", enter a valid recipient address and message
4: click "Send"
5: quit kontact
6: shut down computer
7: restart computer
8: restart kontact and sign in
9: click "New message", enter a valid recipient address and message
10: click "Send"

EXPECTED RESULT: the message gets sent

ACTUAL RESULT: a message window from "Mail Dispatcher Agent" that says "You
need to supply a username and password to use this SMTP server"

11: enter SMTP password for the account

RESULT: mail is sent

--
namaste
salamandir

--
I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And