[Kde-pim] Nepomuk always re-index emails. Why?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 02:02:28 GMT 2012

With 4.9 I was seeing about 15-30min of hard virtuoso activity after login,
which I think was akonadi because it would stop when I stopped akonadi
server.

This behaviour vanished after I upgraded to the 4.10 beta.

On 21 December 2012 05:15, Artyom Mirgorodskiy <artyom.mirgorodsky at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Do you restart also akonadi?
> I know, because I open akonadiconsole and turn on debug. I see queries for
> old emails, what already should be indexed. Also virtuoso-t eat CPU so much
> time as before first index.
>
> On Thursday 20 December 2012 19:49:53 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2012, 23:43:18 schrieb Artyom Mirgorodskiy:
> > > Hello friends!
> > >
> > > I am a user of KDE and kmail 7 years. This is excellent products.
> Thanks.
> > > However, I can't use search at all! I just update kde to 4.9.3 and
> akonadi
> > > to 1.8.1 and have the same problem. I added a new user to get the net
> > > result. I added IMAP account with 5000 email and waiting. Nice. All
> emails
> > > downloaded, nepomuk completed indexing. It took more than an hour.
> Okay, I
> > > know this will take time. I checked each folder was indexed, virtuoso-t
> > > does not eat CPU. Quit from kmail and stop akonadi. Then start again
> and
> > > nepomuk re-index ALL messages. Why?????????
> >
> > How do you know that nepomuk indexes email? I can restart kmail without
> any
> > nepomuk activity started by it. Online IMAP + local folders in my case.
> >
> > Sven

Lindsay