[Kde-pim] kdepim-runtime now requires cmake 2.8.8 !!

Del delonly at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:24:26 BST 2012

On Saturday, August 25, 2012 04:22:24 PM David Jarvie wrote:
> David's 4.9 branch commit ccf43748 changed kdepim-runtime/CMakeLists.txt to
> add the CONFIG parameter to two find_package calls, e.g.
>
> find_package(Libkolab CONFIG 0.2)
>
> The CONFIG parameter is only available in cmake 2.8.8 or later, which is a
> much later version than is required to build kdelibs. This needs to be
> changed or reverted to allow earlier cmake versions to be used. Even for
> trunk, there should be discussion before changing the minimum required
> version of cmake.

Thanks for the warning. Version 2.8.8 was released April 19 2012, this is
insanely new. Hardly any distributions ship with it. I strongly suggest that
alternative approaches are considered before pulling in this depenency. We
need to attract more developers, not scare them away with needlessly awkward
build requirements.

Please discuss it!

Cheers,
Del