[Kde-pim] Developer sprint: october 12-14, save the date

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Aug 25 08:29:57 BST 2012

Mark wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

>>> I will certainly register once i figured out the best route :)
>>> Just wondering, is there anyone else going to be there from the
>>> netherlands? Traveling together might be nice.
>>
>> There's a train running between Schiphol airport and Berlin, takes a bit
>> but when booking early it's reasonably priced (~120€ both ways) and it
>> has power plugs if you book a table seat ;)
>>
>> regards,
>> Volker
>
> For filling in the sprint page. How is the accommodation stuff done? I
> absolutely have no clue how that works..

I've added some info about this now to the page. In short, you will need to
find an accommodation for your budget.Because only a small amount of
developers will join and most of them are from KDAB, we found it better if
we don't enforce our standard accommodation onto external participants, and
unfortunately finding ourselves a place that suits individuals is not
possible.
 In any case, I've put there the recommended hotels, where KDAB employees
(who don't work in Berlin) participating at the sprint will stay.

> Also, any idea on the price for that stuff?

The above hotels cost about 70-90 euro/night. I found a hostel around, for
35 euro/night (http://www.grandhostel-berlin.de), there are also others
nearby, from what I remember when walking around it. E.g
https://www.meininger-hotels.com, right next door to the office (single room
46 euro, shared room 14.50 euro). I don't know anything about their quality
though.

You can look for anything on Templehofer Ufer or even near Potsdamer Platz.
Please check the map for surrounding area.

Andras