[Kde-pim] Need to find archived message

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Aug 14 19:52:39 BST 2012

On 14/08/12 19:18, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2012-08-14, Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> I am not sure if you can access all folders in one go, the
>>> maildir resource assumes a certain directory structure for
>>> subfolders.
>>>
>>> You could try pointing a maildir resource to
>>> /mnt/server-name/Data2/Maildir
>>>
>>> One thing that should work from how the path looks like is to
>>> access single folders, i.e. pointing a maildir resource to
>>> /mnt/server-name/Data2/Maildir/mailbox-name
>>>
>>> For additional safety during experiementation you could
>>> consider mounting the server's export as read-only.
>>
>> Possible complication - if I open the new resource and try to
>> search for a message, it tells me that it can't search because
>> the Nepomuk-something isn't available, and that I can activate it
>> in SystemSettings.  It is activated, and searching other
>> resources works fine, so does this mean that the read-only part
>> is interfering with searching?  Not a huge deal, if that's so,
>> because I can always backup the backup :-) then remove the
>> read-only bit.
>
> I doubt that the read-only character of the underlying file system
> has any effect on the indexing. Check with Akonadiconsole that the
> Nepomuk feeder agent is running and "online". Maybe remove and
> re-add the maildir resource and list the folder content again.
>
> The feeder agent should get notified about the new mails and start
> to index them.

Not really sure what I'm looking for, or where to look for it, Kevin.
Akonadiconsole seems to have many tabs, almost all of them totally
empty.  The Raw socket says "* OK Akonadi Almost IMAP Server [PROTOCOL
28] ".

Actually, as I dig deeper, there is something very strange here.  My
search would not have found the message I wanted, because the mail
folder in question is not listed.  When I looked at the properties I
found that I was offered the top-level Maildir directory, cur, new,
tmp and Inbox.Family.  I have no idea why Inbox.Family is different
from any other subdirectory, but even that isn't enough.  Going back
to reading mail, I realise that I'm really only seeing Inbox/cur - not
even Family.  There is no possibility in the resource setup for
connecting to the sub-folder I really need,
/mnt/Data3/anne/Maildir/Inbox.Archives.

Anne