[Kde-pim] Using an EntityMimeTypeFilterModel to show Items only

Marcus Harrison marcus at harrisonland.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 23:51:21 BST 2012

Hello everyone,
I've started writing an E-mail client using Akonadi and I'm having trouble.
I'm trying to configure a model that only contains E-mail items, not
collections.
To do this, I'm trying to use an EntityMimeTypeFilterModel on top of an
EntityTreeModel, but it's behaving very oddly.

If I don't configure it at all, the documentation says it should have all
mimetypes in the include filters, but in practice it's only showing
Collections. It should show Items as well, shouldn't it?

Anyway, adding an inclusion filter of "message/rfc822" filters the Collections
out, but because it's not including any Items anyway it then just displays
nothing.

Can anyone explain just what's going on, please?

A paste of my test code so far:

MainWindow::MainWindow()
{
    foldersDock = new FoldersDock(this); // Some other configured widget

    changeRecorder = new Akonadi::ChangeRecorder(this);
    changeRecorder->setCollectionMonitored(Akonadi::Collection::root());

    model = new Akonadi::EntityTreeModel(changeRecorder, this);
    mailsModel = new Akonadi::EntityMimeTypeFilterModel(this);
    mailsModel->setSourceModel(model);
    mailsModel->addMimeTypeInclusionFilter("message/rfc822");

    mailsView = new Akonadi::EntityTreeView(this, this);
    mailsView->setModel(mailsModel);

    connect(foldersDock, SIGNAL(currentChanged(Akonadi::Collection)),
            this, SLOT(currentChanged(Akonadi::Collection)));

    addDockWidget(Qt::LeftDockWidgetArea, foldersDock);
    setCentralWidget(mailsView);
    setupGUI();
}

Marcus Harrison