[Kde-pim] Kmail2 doesn't remember passwords

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Sep 5 12:53:40 BST 2011

On 09/05/2011 09:24 AM, ianseeks wrote:
> hi
>
> If you don't use KDE Wallet, kmail2 never remembers your ISP logon password
> even though i tick the box to remember it.
>
> Is there any way i can force it to remember and stop prompting me for it
> every time?
Yes, by activating KDE Wallet :)

That's the intent of KWallet : you give only one password when a first
application needs to use a secret (like your password). The wallet will
remain open and  subsequent secret access will automatically be granted
to requesting applications, eliminating multiple password prompts.

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)