[Kde-pim] Review Request: avoid the use of an undefined collection

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 3 19:12:52 BST 2011

On Monday, 2011-10-03, Guy Maurel wrote:
> > On Oct. 3, 2011, 4:56 p.m., Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > I am not sure what this will achieve. The current code makes the
> > > DefaultResourceJob result in an error. Wouldn't your change make it
> > > claim it succeeded?
>
> Let me introduce a zero-mail-account.
> This account is created on another system, let say Ubuntu, with kmail1.
> A POP3-server is well defined, not any mail where got, not any new folder.

The POP resource does not have any folder, but the maildir resource it
downloads to should.

What resource type is the default resource job working on in your case?

> With such a account, the akonadi_maildispatcher_agent crashes every time.
>
> The current code is not correct, at the place I noticed.

The code in DefaultResourceJobPrivate looks correct.
Do you mean the place from where it is called?

> With my proposal, the agent doesn't crash any more. It might be not
> suffisant enough, but I need some help from the coding guy.

Sure, which is why I try to understand the problem :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring