[Kde-pim] Tasks for Google Code-In

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 28 15:33:30 BST 2011

On Thursday, 2011-10-27, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just a remiinder that we can still add tasks for this years Google Code-In
> [1].
>
> One of the main differences to Google Summer of Code is that tasks don't
> have to be development work, e.g. you can also add tasks related to
> documentation, etc.
>
> I came up with four tasks for category "Outreach": creating demo data for
> our applications. Since I am currently listed as a mentor for all of them,
> though I would appreciate if at least someone with calendaring background
> could take the respective one(s).
>
> Anyway, if you have some ideas of your own, this is the time to add them
> (task gathering period is until Monday 31st).

I came up with some Akonadi tutorial ideas as well as some coding ideas, so I
am pretty sure I can't mentor any more.

However, if any of you is pondering participating as a mentor, I still have a
couple of ideas that you could "steal".

One of them is to create a series of tasks in section "Quality Assurance" to
produce migration test setups for our various data types using a live CD with
KDE3, e.g.  [2] or [3].
E.g. one easy task each for setups with local plugins, one medium task each
for setups with "remote file" (either a public file or sftp to a local test
user) and maybe hard tasks for setups which use some public test groupware
server.

Cheers,
Kevin

> [1] http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2011/Ideas