[Kde-pim] Akonadi EntityTreeModel Fetch Strategies and Invariants

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Oct 20 03:16:09 BST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Christian Mollekopf
<chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> For me InvisibleCollectionFetch is generally broken, thats why I prepared some
> patches some time ago which you can find here
>
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Fkdepimlibs%2Fcmollekopf%2FpimlibsClone.git&a=shortlog&h=refs/heads/invisibleCollectionFetch
>
> Steven Kelly has yet to include them, but afaik he is in the progress of some
> larger changes, which is why it is taking a bit.
> Therefore I wouldn't spend much time fixing the ETM right now, unless Steven
> says it's ok.

Thanks for the link, I had a quick look at the code there, and I think
some of the fixed asserts could do the trick on the issue I'm working
on, although I'm not entirely sure. Depending on my time this week, I
could try using your tree and trying to reproduce the bug I'm working
on.

> If you need an InvisibleCollectionFetch I suggest working around the issue
> using a KDesendandsProxy to flatten the tree and then a MimeTypeFilterProxy to
> filter the collections. That works for me without problems.

I'm not working on new development: Plasma's Calendar tree model
configures the ETM with InvisibleCollectionFetch and everything's
breaking badly because of the scenario described on my first e-mail.
If your tree already fixes those issues, then we can help Stephen
focus on integrating your changes only, so I'll do my best to try it
out ASAP before he gets back to work on  this again.

David E. Narváez