[Kde-pim] Need help with the undefined reference hack

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 19 09:22:13 BST 2011

On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:54 PM, "Andras Mantia" <amantia at kde.org>
wrote:
> Christian Mollekopf wrote:
>
> > With the refactoring of the nepomukfeeder to a plugin based architecture
> > we
> > ran into the problem that the nepomuk_email_feeder in kdepim has to
> > depend on
> > code in kdepim-runtime (because we can't push the code into kdepimlibs
> > yet).
> > We decided to go for a workaround until we can push the necessary libs
> > into
> > kdepimlibs.
>
> What you want sounds really bad for me. Can't you put
> nepomuk_email_feeder
> code into kdepim-runtime? Or does it depend on something else in kdepim?
> Maybe listing the actual dependencies would help to see a clearer
> picture.

Right, It is pretty bad =) Normally the mailfeeder depends on the
MessageViewer to index encrypted content. Currently I disabled indexing
of encrypted content as I didn't test it and there is no configuration
yet, so atm. yes I could move it to kdepim-runtime.
In the long run only if there is a way to get hold of the
encrypted/unencrypted content without the MessageViewer. (Frankly I'm
not a big fan of using the MessageViewer for the feeder, but it seems to
be the only way).

However, it is a temporary solution. As soon as we get a nepomuk
repository, we can push the plugincode to kdepimlibs and no ugly hacks
will be needed anymore.

Cheers,
Christian