[Kde-pim] Review Request: avoid the use of an undefined collection

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 17 19:04:06 BST 2011

On Tuesday, 2011-10-11, Guy Maurel wrote:
> Hello Kevin!
>
> I found something that doesn't meet your prediction, please look under:
>
> On Sunday, October 09, 2011 04:46:43 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 2011-10-05, Guy Maurel wrote:
> > > I see the problem at file
> > > kdepimlibs/akonadi/specialcollectionshelperjobs.cpp at line 419:
> > > q->emitResult();

> > With the context you have provided (outboxqueue requesting outbox
> > folder), I did a bit of digging.
> >
> > The code creating and running the DefaultResourceJob expects it either to
> > deliver all special collections it could find but at least the resource's
> > top level collection so it can create all missing ones.
> >
> > Returning from DefaultResourceJobPrivate::collectionFetchResult() without
> > an error *and* without a valid top level collection violates that
> > expectation. (A debug build should actually assert in
> > SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::createRequestedFolders(),
>
> I never got here!
> Where should it comes from?

In SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::resourceScanResult when the job has no
error, either of the two following paths calls createRequestedFolder.

In our case, where we have a DefaultResourceJob, resourceScanResult is
connected to the job when it is created in
SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::lockResult.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring