[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] KMail2 still some problems

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Thu Oct 13 19:54:19 BST 2011

On Thursday 13 Oct 2011 14:41:01 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> > I have just upgraded to KDEPIM 4.7.2 and still have some of the problems
> > I encountered when I first tried it last June. I had previously changed
> > my personal account from mbox to maildir format since mbox support
> > seemed very flaky. My folders seemed to migrate OK but I had to
> > recreate the maildir account. The problem is still two-fold: I have to
> > manually click the check button to receive new mail and the filters are
> > not applied, that must be done manually as well. Anyone know of a
> > solution to this, I don't want to back it all out for the second time.
> > :(
>
> What do you mean by having to manually click on check mail? How is your
> system set up?

I mean Menu->File->Check Mail to retrieve the mail from $HOME/.maildir into
the Inbox. I was wondering what the "Local Folders" was for and it appears to
be another maildir directory so I reconfigured procmail with
"DEFAULT=$HOME/.local/share/local-mail/" in /etc/procmailrc. That populates
the "Local Folders" directory but nothing appears in the Inbox and still no
filtering.

> As for the filters: unfortunately 4.7.2 doesn't have the new filter agent,
> so it is virtually the same as in 4.7.1, that had some issues with filters
> that e.g marked the message and moved.

Will this be fixed in the next version? If so, I will hang on!

Cheers
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling