[Kde-pim] [SOLVED] Re: SMTP Send failing on all messages

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:40:07 GMT 2011

It was due the Mail Dispatcher agent being offline. I only found this out
because someone suggested I install akonadiconsole and check it. I restarted
it and everything was fine.

Since then Mail Dispatcher agent has put itself offline several times in the
past two weeks and there is never any warning or indication this has happened
apart from messages failing to send. And it requires akonadiconsole  to
restart it.

This is not usable for non-tech  users - How is it acceptable that a *crucial*
component can randomly and silently be switched off with no feedback and no
way for the casual user to fix it.

I could never set KMail up for my wife, I'd be continually getting complaints
that mail wasn't working

--
Lindsay