[Kde-pim] Akonadi EntityTreeModel Fetch Strategies and Invariants

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Nov 8 09:27:28 GMT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Christian Mollekopf
> > If you need an InvisibleCollectionFetch I suggest working around the issue
> > using a KDesendandsProxy to flatten the tree and then a MimeTypeFilterProxy to
> > filter the collections. That works for me without problems.
>
> I'm not working on new development: Plasma's Calendar tree model
> configures the ETM with InvisibleCollectionFetch and everything's
> breaking badly because of the scenario described on my first e-mail.
> If your tree already fixes those issues, then we can help Stephen
> focus on integrating your changes only, so I'll do my best to try it
> out ASAP before he gets back to work on  this again.

Hi Christian,

I tried to use your tree a couple of weeks ago but I found it
impossible to merge those changes to master in a reasonable amount of
time. Haven't tried that again lately, but I was thinking I'll try to
implement the Proxy-based workaround in the Plasma Calendar
Dataengine. Yet, I can't seem to find the DescendantEntitiesProxyModel
after API 4.3[0], and  I read a post from Sthephen[1] where he mentions
he wanted to replace it with the KReparentingProxyModel[2], which is
also able to flatten collectios, AFAIU. Should I be using that one
instead? Is there anything wrong with using something from
akonadi_next in Plasma?

David E. Narváez

[0] http://api.kde.org/4.3-api/kdepim-apidocs/akonadi/akonadi_next/html/classAkonadi_1_1DescendantEntitiesProxyModel.html
[2] http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepim-apidocs/akonadi_next/html/classKReparentingProxyModel.html