[Kde-pim] Due date in TODO lists

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Nov 28 23:16:29 GMT 2011

On Mandag den 28. november 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> For you, interesting entry on whether to require due date by default
> when creating appointments in Kontact's TODO lists:
>
> http://miksovsky.blogs.com/flowstate/2011/02/stop-abusive-task-list-uis-hig
> hlight-imminent-tasks-not-overdue-ones.html

Definately interresting.

I like the idea of not marking overdue tasks in red.

But I do use due dates for many TODOs, with the purpose of them showing in the
calendar and in plasomids like eventlist and clock, which would not be
possible without the due date field. The eventlist plasmoid keeps unfinished
tasks on top, which is very helpful in some cases - when I actually want to be
reminded continously of some task.

What I need the most is a nice way of marking them as done - checking from
within eventlist plasmoid without starting korganizer. To my knowledge that is
in fact possible with akonadi - as is adding/editing events/todos with a
dialog provided by calendarsupport library IIUTC.

--
Anders