[Kde-pim] nepomuk email feeder crash

Denny lumnis at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:19:29 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2011, 11:25:25 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Denny Beyer wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > installing openSUSE 12.1 with kde 4.7.2 / kontact2 / kmail2 etc. on a
> > new
> > machine.
> > Following the advise here on the mailing list and instead of starting a
> > fresh config, continuing with the settings in the existing $home, I
> > encounter a constant crash of nepomuk email feeder and the whole
> > kontact2
> > suite after a few seconds after login.
> >
> > Error message:
> > akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder PID: 6087 Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
> >
> > All kde data in $home are from a openSUSE 11.4 with kde 4.7.2 with
> > kontact2/kmail2 etc. installation, which worked.
> >
> > Now left with an unusable KDE PIM client, I had to go back to
> > thunderbird.
> >
> > See bug report
> > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2011-11/msg01465.html
> >
> > Advise is highly appreciated.
>
> Disable Nepomuk as a quick fix (in the KDE system settings). Unfortunately I
> don't know the nepomuk part, so I cannot help.

Thanks for your reply. I did not disable that initially, as I thought it would
be a dependency.

So, now that it is disabled, it is running, but eMails can't be deleted
anymore and status of emails (read, not new) is not being updated on the imap
server so that in my other eMail - client it still appears as new eMail.

So it remains unusable, really.

Denny