[Kde-pim] Moving pim data to new kde install

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Nov 3 19:32:22 GMT 2011

On Thursday 03 November 2011, ianseeks wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a "kontact" link directory that you could
> just copy and it pulled in all the various parts of the PIM together
> instead of having to search out all the disparate parts of it.

There is such a directory. It's called $HOME. I will not get tired of
preaching that the only sensible way of migration to a new system is a
full copy of the entire $HOME directory. I have been doing this
successfully about 7 times or so for the last 15 years and I have never
lost a single bit of data.

If some people think they need to use a more complicated method then
that's their problem. Sorry, for being harsh, but if you are asking for
trouble then that's what you get. If you cannot be bothered with doing
it the only way that is guaranteed to work then I cannot help you. You
have forfeit your right to complain.

Regards,
Ingo