[Kde-pim] Exchange (MAPI) akonadi resource for calendar and GAL

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Nov 22 03:18:18 GMT 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:10:07 AM rgruber at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> wrote:
> > You really should use the spec - [MS-OXCPROPS].pdf, and the documents
> > that are outreferenced from that. Let me know if you have problems.
>
> Thanks for the info. I think I used the online version of that PDF for some
> research
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc433490%28v=EXCHG.80%29.aspx).
> But this seams to be just a sheer endless list of all MAPI tags. What I'm
> kind of missing is a structured list which tags apply to which kind of
> message. Is there something like: for a calendar message the following
> tags exists, for a mail message the following tags exists, and so on...
You can get that by reading some of the other specs. Some stuff is common, but
other stuff is detailed in per-message specs. The common stuff is in MS-OXCMSG,
the calendaring / appointment stuff is in MS-OXOCAL, and so on.

An overview is provided in MS-OXPROTO section 1. There is a useful hierachy
diagram in section 2.2.2 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
us/library/ee177988%28v=EXCHG.80%29.aspx)

> > You need to resolve them. There is API for that.
>
> I'm using the libmapi functions GetRecipientTable() and then ResolveNames()
> to do that. It sometimes just does not work. I've not yet found a pattern
> when it does not work, I'll just need to look into it again. Or is there
> an other API to retrieve the attendees that I'm just not aware of?
That is the one. Could be a bug in libmapi, but it would also be useful to
test with the openchangeclient tool, to see if you get the same behaviour.

Brad