[Kde-pim] Review Request: fix of resource usage in akonadi-nepomuk-feeder

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Wed Nov 30 08:37:04 GMT 2011

Am Mittwoch, 30. November 2011, 08:16:00 schrieb Anders Lund:
> A side thought: When I receive a spam mail with (lots of) bogus receivers,
> do akonadi/nepomuk attempt to identify all of those?
>
> I think I understood at one point that filtering is now happening AFTER the
> mail have been placed in inbox, and if the above is correct, there is
> another reason to fix that.
>
> I probably receive more spam than ham, or about the same amount. The spam
> mails will be likely to have most receivers and sometimes lots of
> attaachments, which probably means that they will be the ones slowing things
> down - for no good reason!

A bit off-topic but I wonder whether all that spam data is ever removed from
the index. Not even removing it when deleting emails would work since one
might delete mail from an IMAP's inbox with a different client.

So does somebody know how nepomuk/akonadi ensures that indexed spam is not
kept and piles-up?

Sven