[Kde-pim] Re: KDateEdit and KTimeEdit

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 16:16:18 BST 2011

On Thursday 12 May 2011 10:11:17 David Jarvie wrote:
> Good work John! Here are some comments from scanning the code.

Thanks for the feedback David, I didn't get time to incorporate most of it,
but I'll get back to it in the next few days.  I'll ping you about the
timezone stuff.

I did get time to split the classes out so we now have the following in
kdelibs 4.7:

KDateComboBox - Same function as KDEPIM::KDateEdit
KTimeComboBox - Same function as KDEPIM::KTimeEdit
KDateTimeEdit - KDateTime aware widget combining the combos
KDateEdit     - Convenience date only version of KDateTimeEdit
KTimeEdit     - Convenience time only version of KDateTimeEdit

I wouldn't recommend using them just yet, they are broken in some
'interesting' ways and the api will change :-)  I'll get a proper review next
week, and ask for feedback from the various projects using the old widgets to
confirm the new widgets meet their requirements.

Cheers!

John.