[Kde-pim] Project: akregator in the cloud

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:26:24 BST 2011

Hi,
I'd like to take part in Season of KDE 2011 and after a chat in the
owncloud irc channel, the following idea came out (thanks to icewind
and jakobsack for this).

As you certainly know, the general idea of owncloud is bringing kde
apps to the cloud. My project is to create a web app (like google
reader) that reads rss feeds and synchronizes with akregator. Beside
sharing the list of feeds, the web app and akregator will be
synchronized in the sense that posts marked as read (or as important)
in the web app will be marked accordingly in akregator and vice versa.

This project consists of two parts, an "owncloud part" and an "akregator part".
Jakob Sack (jakobsack) from the owncloud team offered to mentor me for
what concerns the owncloud part.
I am now looking for a mentor for the akregator part.
Any takers?

I am proficient in C++ and I used Qt in some graphics projects in my undergrad.

Thank you,
Alessandro Cosentino (zimba12)

https://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~acosenti/