[Kde-pim] Re: Broken Nepomukfeeders

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed May 18 00:29:37 BST 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 02:26:52 +0200, Christian Mollekopf
<chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know I'm repeating myself, but my email that the nepomukfeeders are
> broken in a number of ways didn't trigger any response so far.
>
> The current list of problems:
> -All data is duplicated everytime something is updated (i.e. when a
> calendar item changes)

Actually, this is not true. After reading the code a bit more, and doing
some tests,
I noticed that normally all the old data of an item is removed first,
before the new
data is added.
I know I had a setup where this dataduplication happened, but I suspect
that this was
due to MindMirror trying to work on the same resources.

So, as long as there is no application which tries to modify the resource
which the
feeders create (Which is problematic due to the way the feeders create the
resource
-> plain soprano statements), there shouldn't be much of a problem.

> -Initial indexing doesn't work for me at least in some feeders (still
> investigating in the problem)

This seems to be related to my attempted fix, first removing each
statement before adding a new one.
In my latest test everything worked as expected.

> -The created nepomuk resource are somewhat "wrong" (differing from what
> the Nepomuk::Resource api would do),
> which makes it hard to reuse the resources in other applications.

As mentioned above, if no applications try to work actively (as writing to
resources) with the resources created by the feeders, I don't think any
action
is needed for the first release, and we can focus on a rewrite using the
DMS for the
next release.

Sorry for the noise,

Chris