[Kde-pim] Bug? CollectionFetchJob doesn't always work after AgentInstanceCreateJob

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sun May 15 20:09:57 BST 2011

When CollectionFetchJob is called to fetch the collection created by an AgentInstanceCreateJob, it doesn't always return any collection even though the result status is ok. I suspect that some sort of timing issue may be responsible for no collection being returned - perhaps the collection isn't created quite soon enough?

In AgentInstanceCreateJob result slot, some configuration of the agent is done, followed by calling agent.reconfigure(), and then a CollectionFetchJob is created, with the resource to use in it being specified by fetchScope().setResource(agent.identifier()). There are slots connected to both the job's collectionsReceived() signal and its result() signal. Sometimes the collectionsReceived() slot is called, and sometimes not. The result() slot always indicates success.

Looking at the resources in akonadiconsole always shows them to have been created successfully.

So my conclusion is that there needs to be some delay before calling CollectionFetchJob if it is to work properly and reliably. This seems like a bug.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.