[Kde-pim] Re: Review Request: Emit changed signals for subentities of an explicitly monitored collection

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 3 19:18:53 BST 2011

On Tue, 03 May 2011 11:57:25 +0200, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
>> Christian Mollekopf wrote:

>>> I don't know why, but with your patch my akonadi goes berserk.
>>> I get lots of "RID mismatch" messages and my imap account started to
>>> generate invalid email items in an endless loop.
>>>
>>> I attached my console output. Tell me if you need something else for
>>> debugging.
>>
>> I might have reproduced this. I got a RID mismatch message in the
>> maildir
>> resource, which is code I don't know unfortunately.
>>
>> I'll look into it a bit though.
>>

> New patch attached. I think the ChangeRecorder stuff might still be
> broken.
> Will have to review that with Volker later.

The only thing I noticed is that I get "Invalid Collection in prefetch"
messages from isCollectionMonitored() when I delete a collection with
items in it (i.e. a subcollection of the monitored collection).
I don't know which exact call it is, but I think it is to be expected as
the parentCollection is already invalidated (according to one of your
comments).

 From a behaviour POV it works perfectly together with the ETM patches.

Regarding the TODO: q->setCollectionMonitored( Collection( msg.uid() ),
false );
I think you can just silently remove it from collections, as the
collectionMonitored( collection, monitored ); signal is not needed.
It is also not useful to keep it in collections.
Maybe add a call to cleanOldNotifications to be sure that there are not
more waiting (not sure if this is possible).

I had a look at the monitor part of the patch, and it looks all ok IMO.

So from my side you can commit, the minor issues can be checked later.