[Kde-pim] Re: KDateEdit and KTimeEdit

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 00:51:47 BST 2011

On Tuesday 10 May 2011 00:26:31 John Layt wrote:
> Some queries:
> 1) Do we stick with the KDateTimeEdit class name?  It implies it's a
> drop-in replacement for QDateTimeEdit which the api is but its's not a
> derived class.
> 2) Is there a nicer way to do the date picker pop-up?
> 3) Any more timezone api needed, such as manually adding extra tz's to
> display?
> 4) Any virtuals I need to add to all kdepim to derive new classes from it?

OK, I'm getting close on this now, it mostly works, but it needs a bit of
polishing and the date/time validation isn't all there yet.  I'll do a little
more cleaning Thursday and try break out the separate date/time combo classes
if time allows, then push it to master.

If anyone could spare 15 minutes to look at the api in kdatetimeedit.h [1] and
let me know of any issues they spot, while we do have a beta cycle to shake
out any issues I'd rather not be changing the api too often during the soft
api freeze.

It installs as a Qt Designer plugin so you can play with it too.

Cheers!

John.

[1]
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/entry/kdeui/widgets/kdatetimeedit.h?rev=kdeui%2Fkdatetimeedit