[Kde-pim] Re: lead for GSoC proposal on HTML support to KMail

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Mon Mar 21 14:23:47 GMT 2011

> Hi,
>
> I am very much interested in applying for this proposal. I have all the
> basic requirements that you asked for, i.e. C++, Qt, High Motivation and
> time (one of the main criteria that this feature has not gone ahead much)
> :)
> .
>
> I went through all the comments in the bug-tracker and also saw details of
> the project in your previous GSoC ideas.
[...]
> There were basically two ideas running in tracker 1. QTextEdit's improved
> HTML support (which will of-course need good time and effort ) 2. a WebKit
> based editor (which will require to rewrite some of the basic things which
> are already implemented in 1).

I've just started to play around with this idea (based on the Qt's labs
editor). But please do not let that influence you in anyway as this is
just a hobby project of mine so if you could do it for real that would be
much better.

[...]
> And lastly for last many days I have been trying to catch you on IRC :) .
> Can you please tell me the channel and your nick. Or if you prefer I can
> continue on this thread itself.

The channel is #kontact here you will find lots of people that may be able
to help you.

/Regards
Torgny