[Kde-pim] VOIP plugin for Kontact

Marmorstein, Robert marmorsteinrm at longwood.edu
Tue Mar 22 05:55:39 GMT 2011

> There is GSoC project of implementing VOIP plugin for Kontact
> using existing Asterisk framework. Is there anyone mentoring it? or if
> none, is anyone interested? Waiting for reply.
>
> Dhruv Patel.

I don't know who posted that idea, but I have experience both with Kontact
and with Asterisk (I am actually working on an Asterisk-related paper with
one of my students right now) and might be able to pick that up if no one
else does.  I would love to see more integration of the two tools (and
decibel, of course).  Unfortunately, I have a VERY busy summer ahead of me
this year (I will be traveling extensively) and so I'm not completely sure
I will be free to be a mentor this year.

With a VERY motivated student (as I had last year) this might be less of
an issue, since I should have Internet access and be able to work remotely
to some extent while I am abroad.  It would probably be better for someone
else to pick this up, though.  I would still love to advise and help out
with some of the more "asterisky" questions if this project is accepted.

--Robert Marmorstein (robert AT narnia DOT homeunix DOT com)