[Kde-pim] Re: About Kabc ResourceCached addedAddressees

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 2 17:52:54 GMT 2011

On Monday, 2011-02-28, Sateesh Babu wrote:
> 2011/2/28 Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > answering your questions below, but a question from myself ahead:
> >
> > what is your use case, i.e. what do you want to use ResourceCached for?
>
> I am trying to create a sync session for the user PIM data for which I
> would like
> to get the changes (for fast sync) since the last sync.

In this case the ResourceCached might not have worked for you anyway, it
records changes done on its in-memory data, not on the actual backend data.

The addressee objects do have a timestamp though, see Addressee::revision()

> > I am asking because it is one of the classes related to the KDE Resource
> > framework KRES and has been deprecated for a while now.
> > There might be other ways of doing whatever you are targeting, so it
> > might be more helpful to answer questions regarding your goals.
>
> Given the above context, are there other ways to achieve what I am trying
> to do?
>
> > Anyway, as I said, answers to your questions below.
>
> Now that the resource framework is deprecated, I would be interested to
> look for other solutions.

We have introduced a new data access framework called Akonadi, which can
handle any data type in a uniform way (e.g.contacts, calendar, emails, etc).

Unfortunatly I am not sure if it is possible to query for items by change
timestamp.
Tobias did some Addressee related search stuff, so maybe he knows.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring