[Kde-pim] ktimetracker and negative times - is this intended? because there are quite some problems with that

Cristi P cristi.posoiu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 17:47:08 GMT 2011

In ktimetracker, if you edit a task, you can enter negative times in the
duration field - and even the example near the input box shows such a thing.
It seems that this generates events, w/ a start time, no end time, and some
specific property.
But, there are problems:
* that property is never read and used
* tasks having such an event will automatically start at load time even
though they shouldn't (that's what I think and almost tested that it
happens)
* such events are displayed in the history dialog as having an end time
equal to start time (you're not shown the info about the negative time)
* deleting from history such an event, is incorrectly recomputing total task
time - I think it is summing the rest of the events - and not by looking at
that duration property
* the DBus functions are *not* allowing negative times for the same kind of
change

So... please let me know what was/is the intention regarding accepting or
not negative times.
The thing is that I am using may times the negative values to correct a bit
the times (and if allowed - I would see the implementation in a different
way), and I get into
the problem of several tasks being in running state if I restart my
computer/kde/program - which messes all the timings.
I'd like to fix that, but would need more info.
Regards.