[Kde-pim] Re: the migration is not complete

Guy Maurel guy-kde at maurel.de
Fri Mar 25 17:25:23 GMT 2011

Hello Kevin!

On Thursday, March 24, 2011 07:40:32 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2011-03-24, Guy Maurel wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Tuesday, March 22, 2011 07:59:42 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > On Tuesday, 2011-03-22, Guy Maurel wrote:
> > >
> > > Did the migrator create a mixed_maildir resource named "KMail Folders"?

> The only exit path without any message when migrating local folders is that
> the given base directory does not exist or it is a file and not a
> directory.
this is exact!

> Since you put your test data into the default location, can you check if
you say "default". what is "default"?
I use on the "old" user Archlinux with kmail 1.13.6. There is "default" .kde4
I tar the data to the new user, move the .kde4-data to .kde-data.

> our kmailrc contains a entry "folders" in section "General"?
and found:
folders[$e]=$HOME/.kde4/share/apps/kmail/mail

It is the problem.
Changing there the .kde4 to .kde did not solve the problem.

Second round:
tar the data to the new user, do not move the .kde4-data
I do not get any migration!

What is to do?
Have a nice evening
--