[Kde-pim] Re: Fwd: Experience with KMail 2 (from master)

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Mar 4 19:14:10 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 01 March 2011 15:28:45 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Hi there
>
> After read in this mailist that kdepim is gettng close to a release I
> decided to try again KMail2, and so far this is my experience:
>
> Good:
> 1-The importation of my GMail Disconnected IMAP without nepomuk has been
> fast and smooth.
>
> 2-akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder is NOT using 300% of cpy anymore :D

same here, credits go to the soprano/nepomuk team :)
we can now index about 1k mails/minute compared to 4 per minute

> Bad:
> 2-Load folders with more than 10K of emails is slow (kde-core-devel with 18K
> of emails takes around 30seconds and kde-commits with 95K takes minutes).

slowish but by far not as bad here, try using a header view style with an
uniform row height, ie. no group headers etc.

> 3-Leaks (I guess they are leaks): http://afiestas.org/files/memory.png
> 	-Notice dbus using 800Mb :s leak in dbus?

yep, seen that here as well. It occured in combination with the fixes for (2)
and the subsequent full reindexing here, so my guess is that that's triggering
it.

regards
Volker