[Kde-pim] Re: KMime::Content::fromUnicodeString() considered harmful

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Jun 22 13:05:59 BST 2011

On Wed, June 22, 2011 12:38 pm, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2011 9:03:37 AM Thomas McGuire wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today I discovered that contrary to the documentation,
>> KMime::Content::fromUnicodeString() does not set the content transfer
>> encoding
>> automatically, it needs to be done by the caller.
>> I fixed the documentation now.
>>
> Would it make sense to create a new method that forces setting the content
> transfer encoding
> and then deprecated the current method?

It could be argued that the current method should be changed to set the
content transfer encoding, since that is what the current API says it
should do. There is a rule that changes to existing API for kdepimlibs are
not allowed: is it legitimate to consider the API to consist only of the
compilable code - doesn't the published API also include the description?

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.