[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi resource: How to update item if backend data changed

rgruber at users.sourceforge.net rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 8 21:08:46 BST 2011

Grégory Oestreicher wrote:
> You can take a look and re-use some code from the DAV resource as
> both should be fairly close in the end.

Hello Grégory,

thanks for the info. I took a look at the davgroupwareresource.cpp and found out that you seam to do more or less the same as I tried. Somehow retrieveItem() does not get called in my case. I already tried several versions including clearPayload() here http://paste.kde.org/78673/ .

The only real difference that I saw is that you do not use itemsRetrievedIncremental() but use itemsRetrieved() instead to always build the item list completely from scratch. I'll try to also remove the incremental item loading and go back to just building the list of item from scratch again. Maybe it can get it to work that way...

Thanks, Robert

PS: This weekend (when I have more time for plaing around) I'll try if I can find the place in the Akonadi source where it decides whether or not to call retrieveItem(). Maybe I can work my way back from there and find out why it's not working.