[Kde-pim] Re: 4.7 branch

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jun 23 18:53:50 BST 2011

A Thursday, June 23, 2011, Torgny Nyblom va escriure:
> > A Thursday, June 23, 2011, Burkhard Lück va escriure:

> >> no

> >> for

> >> it

> >> Sure, if you simply create a 4.7 branch for kdepim* without coordinating
> >> this with kde-i18n-doc, string freeze rules still apply for master and
> >> 4.6.
> >>
> >> Scripty has only two branches for KDE main modules, master/trunk
> >> (trunk/l10n- kde4) + stable (branches/stable/l10n-kde4).
> >>
> >> Gui + Doc messages from KDE master are tracked to trunk/l10n-kde4 ->
> >> translations for upcoming 4.7.0 -> master is in string freeze
> >>
> >> Gui + Doc messages from KDE branches 4.6 are tracked to
> >> branches/stable/l10n- kde4 -> translations for upcoming 4.6.x ->
> >> branches
> >> 4.6 is in string freeze
> >>
> >> CC-ing our I18n Coordinator Albert Astals Cid.
> >
> > Burkhard is right, until after 4.6.5 is released stable l10n will track
> > 4.6
> > branches and trunk l10n will track 4.7
>
> If we switch the "trunk" translations to the 4.7 branch then master will
> be open for new/changed strings, or?

You can do any commit you want on master already (well i don't know what the
general schedule says about it, but regarding translations it is fine)

> If we do this switch do that need to be coordinated or will it "just work"?

Sadly things never "just work". The truth is that as maintainers are reckless
regarding the definition of their i18n branches, the branch used by scripty is
decided by a list in the l10n scripts and by the definition in
projects.kde.org. When you change the definition in projects.kde.org the only
thing that will happen is scripty giving us a warning that its definition and
projects.kde.org one does not match.

Albert